DanteTM is a ground breaking, Ethernet compliant audio networking technology developed by Audinate to satisfy the increasing demands of the live sound industry for high performance audio, routing flexibility and affordable direct to computer recording. It uses CAT5 cable and standard networking components to distribute multiple streams of audio plus integrated control data with sub millisecond latency.
M-Dante is one of a range of digital audio networking options available for iLive and GLD to enable integration with other systems, digital mic splitting, multi-track recording and system expansion. It implements the new Brooklyn II chipset from Audinate which takes Dante technology to a new level with a full 64 channels of bi-directional audio. It can be fitted to the Port B expansion slot in iLive fixed format MixRacks (iDR-16, iDR-32, iDR-48, iDR-64) or expander (xDR-16), Port A/B in iLive modular MixRacks (iDR0, iDR10) and Port A of iLive modular surfaces if they are fitted with the new RAB-2 standard. It can also be fitted to the I/O Module expansion slot in a GLD-80 mixer. Dante Virtual Soundcard is software from Audinate that lets you connect up to 64 channels of iLive audio directly to your PC or Mac via its Ethernet port, ideal for multitrack recording and playback, or working with popular processing plug-ins. One Dante Virtual Soundcard licence is provided free with M-DANTE. More can be purchased from Audinate.
- 64 channel bi-directional audio plus control over CAT5
- Uses standard, off-the-shelf computer networking equipment
- Self discovery and auto-configuration of IP addresses
- Easy to add, name, remove and rearrange devices
- Wide range of Dante enabled equipment becoming available
- Secondary port for redundant network option
- Control port to bridge iLive or other network over Dante
- Sample accurate playback syncronisation
- Very low latency
- Gigabit ports
- Direct connection to computer for multitrack recording
- Dante Virtual Soundcard software replaces expensive hardware
- Dante Controller software available for setting up the network
For further assistance or questions please contact a Whoisblest Specialist by typing "Help" in our chatbox. We look forward to hearing from you.