Based on JoeCo’s award-winning BlackBox Recorder technology, the new BlueBox Workstation Interface Recorder range is a new concept in recording. There are currently two models in the BlueBox range: the BBWR24MP and the BBWR08MP, the former providing 24 channels of switchable mic/line inputs and the latter providing 8 channels of mic line input and 16 channels of dedicated balanced line inputs. The mic channels on both units incorporate our clean high-quality mic preamp designs. In a studio environment, the BlueBox can be used as a low latency audio interface device providing a full 24 channel interface at 24bit/96kHz both to and from a workstation simultaneously utilising the on-board recording function as a backup device. For Live work, the unit’s in-built high-quality mic preamps can be used as a stand-alone, live, multi-channel audio acquisition recorder using the low latency 24channel, 24bit, 96kHz workstation interface to a computer for backup recordings.
- 8 high-quality integrated mic preamps (24bit/96kHz operation)
- Low latency interface to workstation running at up to 24ch / 24bit / 96kHz in both directions simultaneously
- Core Audio and Windows drivers available
- 24-channel local recording or playback at up to 24bit/96kHz
- Microphone connection via tails from DSub connectors, or optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors
- Remote control, monitoring and set-up via JoeCoControl window on workstation or JoeCoRemote for iPad
- Multiple connection options: switchable mic/line inputs, balanced outputs
- Records standard broadcast WAV files to an external USB2/3 drive. Captured audio material can be imported into any digital workstation for instant data recovery. No file transfer necessary
- Synchronisation options: audio clock can be locked to word clock, AES3 (S/PDIF), timecode* or video*
- Supports storing iXML data in BWAV files
- Can run off 12V power source for location use
- Safe’n’Sound Record Recovery protects files in case of power or disk failure
The high-quality microphone preamps operate at up to 24bit/96kHz, and offer the user comprehensive control parameters. The BlueBox features a range of connection options including individually switchable mic/line inputs and balanced outputs, with audio clocks locked to timecode, video, or word clock inputs. Microphones can either be connected to the unit via tails from the rear D-Sub connectors, or via an optional 2U breakout panel with XLR connectors.
Local audio is recorded direct to external USB2/3 drive in Broadcast WAV format for instant ingest into a workstation. Alongside the BlueBox’s multi-channel recording capabilities, provision is included for creating a simultaneous stereo mixdown. Optional support for iXML data can also be provided.
The BlueBox will run off a 12V power source. Unused channels and features can be disabled in order to preserve battery life on location. The unit is fully controllable via JoeCoControl on workstation itself or via JoeCoRemote for iPad. This includes the facility to set up individual mic pre channel parameters - level, mic/line, phantom power, hi-pass filter, soft limiter and phase reverse. Levels are displayed on high resolution meters.
The monitor mix can be adjusted in real time incorporating both local and workstation feeds giving the perfect mix for monitoring during recording. Expandable channel strips provide graphic faders, pan, solo, mute and other parameter controls.
The BlueBox’s compact dimensions, high-quality mic preamps and converters make it a practical, elegant solution for a range of applications. Ideal for use in the studio, giving unprecedented access to your workstation for external summing mixer or full mixing board with multichannel record and overdub on workstation, as well as for live engineers needing a supremely portable multi-channel recording option.