Drawing on the combined heritage of Soundcraft's acclaimed Si Compact and Vi Series digital live sound mixers, the Si Performer takes mixing out of the dark with powerful digital audio mixing facilities married to a DMX 512 controller allowing for the first time the mixing console to also run the lighting rig! 'Music & Lights; these have been partners in the entertainment and production industry since amplified sound met the electric light but until now even the simplest lighting setup would require a separate lighting controller console, road case and somewhere to put it; Soundcraft Si Performer changes everything. Empowering the console with a DMX interface, the Soundcraft Si Performer is able to utilize the power of motorised faders, Soundcraft FaderGlow and a console automation system to provide a flexible automated lighting controller ideal for schools, churches, touring theatre companies and conference productions.
- D.O.G.S. (Direct Out Gain Stabiliser) - Prevents manual change of a mic gain control affecting direct out levels, perfect when 2 consoles share a stagebox or when recording the channel direct outputs.
- DMX interface - control sound and light from the same device.
- Security Lockout - Lock the whole console or just selected elements, manage the security with the users and profile settings.
- Assignable Fader Layers - Customise each of the four fader layer pages to meet your needs or add/insert faders to accommodate that additional mic that was not in the patch list!
- Copy & Paste - Copy whole channels, busses, mixes, Lexiconeffects, a single part such as the EQ or multiple parts like the channel gate and compressor.
- Personal Monitoring Interface - When used with the Si BLU link option card, the Si Performer is a perfect partner to the dbx PMC16 Personal Monitoring System , using simple Cat5 cabling for easy setup.
- TOTEM- The One Touch Easy Mix; press a single key to mix to an AUX, FX or Matrix bus, the surface and monitoring instantly reconfigure to allow instant mixing to your chosen bus on the faders.
- BSS® GEQ - With a BSS GEQ on every bus there is never any need to assign from a pool of resources and you will never 'run out' of processing.
- 1 Control = 1 Function - With each control dedicated to a given function there is never any 'layering' of controls or navigating through screens; this allows the Si Performer controls to be labeled on the surface just as they would have been on an analogue mixer.
- Global Mode Controls - A row of rotary controls above each fader assignable at the touch of a button to be GAIN, PAN or HPF for all of the inputs allowing instant access to the core functions.
- Soundcraft FaderGlow® - Illuminates the fader slots according to function with clearly defined colours for FX, Stereo, Linked Mono, GEQ, POST Fade Aux, PRE Fade Aux; you'll never be lost again!
- Instant Access Keys - Dedicated keys on the front panel for STORE, RECALL, NEXT, MUTE 1-8, TAP TEMPO and more negate the need to dive into screen & context menus.
- Function Focus - Whenever a control is moved or SELect key pressed the screen displays information about the channel identifying the absolute value of the controls and the channel name, number etc.
The Si Performer 2 features 24 recallable mic pre amps (32 on Si Performer 3) plus 8 stereo returns, AES in one 64x64 expansion slot and another 64x32 expansion slot offering enough expansion to use every one of the 64 mono inputs for a possible total of 80 inputs to mix. Each input channel has dedicated processing for high pass filter, input delay, gate, compressor and parametric EQ. Keeping you in control are 8 VCA busses, 8 mute groups, FaderGlow and colour backlit name displays on every channel so you are never lost.
All Si Performer consoles have busses and output processing to match the versatility of the inputs; the 14 aux/group mixes can be configured as 14 mono mixes or 8 mono plus 6 stereo mixes, whilst the matrix mixes can be mono or stereo as needed. The bus and matrix mixes are complemented with four mix busses dedicated to the internal Lexicon FX processors and left, right and centre busses with options for mixing left/right + mono/centre or left/centre/right (LCR). Each bus features a compressor, 4 band fully parametric EQ, graphic EQ and delay always available all of the time.
To complement the channel and bus processing all Si Performer consoles integrate four Stereo Lexicon FX processors based on the MX400 providing a wealth of sounds, user adjustable parameters and dedicated tap-tempo keys. As the FX are hardware based use of all the effects even on the most demanding programmes do not affect the processing in any way and all dynamics, PEQ and all bands of all 31 graphic EQs are available all of the time.
Flexible onboard and expansion I/O options ensure the Si Performer integrates effortlessly with other system components; along with the 24 (32 - Si Performer 3) mic inputs there are eight analogue line inputs, AES in and out, 16 analogue line outputs, headphone monitor out, a 64x64 channel expansion slot and another 64x32 expansion slot each capable of utilising any of the Si series option cards including CAT5 or optical MADI. The MADI card, as well as being an interface to multi-track recording systems or plug-in systems like Waves, enables linking the Si Performer to any of the Soundcraft or Studer stageboxes to extend the I/O power and flexibility; but all this power is nothing without control and here the Si Performer excels with a comprehensive but 'simple to use' control surface.
As you would expect from any Soundcraft digital mixer the facilities are extensive and include legendary audio quality courtesy of latest generation EMMa DSP processors, the same DSP platform that has helped propel the Si and Si Compact series to industry standard status; this power united with reliability and flexibility puts the Si Performer in a class of its own.
- 24 (32 - Si Performer 3) mono mic inputs
- 8 line inputs
- 80 channels to mix possible
- LCR panning
- Pre/Post selection per input per bus
- Soundcraft FaderGlow
- GEQ on every bus
- 20 sub-group / aux busses
- 4 FX busses
- 8 Matrix busses
- LRC Mix busses
- 4 Stereo Lexicon Effects engines
- Delay on inputs and outputs
- 8 Mute Groups
- 8 VCA Groups
- AES in and out
- Colour backlit LCD screens per fader
- DMX interface
- Freely assignable insert loops
- Harman HiQnet integration
- Dual option card slots
- Colour touch screen interface