The TASCAM model SS-R250N are the ideal SD card recorder/players having a variety of features with extensive terminal equipment applications and business applications. An FTP client function is added which enables the exchanges of sound source data with others via server communication. You can also keep the starting time accurate for recording and playback based on time management via SNTP. The remote control with the dedicated app on a iOS/Android device, and the mic inputs are also available on the unit which allows you to use in many ways with flexibility.
Network functions / control functions
- FTP Client function enables automatic uploading of recorded files or downloading audio files from the server
- Event List for recording, playback, download and other functions can be operated automatically based on the time set
- Time setting via SNTP Client function enables event management with more accuracy
- Automatic Upload function enables recorded files to be uploaded automatically
- iOS / Android control apps available: allowing transport operations and remote control of various settings
- The IF-DA2 interface card supporting Dante 2ch input and output can be installed (sold separately)
- Serial and parallel port connections
- RC-SS150 Flash Start control unit with the a color LCD screen (sold separately)
- Optional RC-3F footswitch can be connected to the RC-20 remote control
- Supports recording and playback of high-resolution files up to 96kHz / 24bit
- Dual SD memory card slot permits mirror and relay recording
- Auto mark function: When an error occurs or input level overloads, the time point will be marked automatically
- PRE REC function to prevent any missing part in your recording
- Auto track function automatically trims the tracks
- Compressor and limiter included
- Auto level control function automatically adjusts the input level for recording
- Starts recording as soon as the unit is turned on with Power-on-record function
- Microphone input connector with phantom power supply
- Direct recording function enables the recording starts right away without any standby
- Call function that saves the position where your last playback starts
- Playback modes such as Program, Random, and Single
- Ducking function automatically adjusts the playback volume while the input level increases or decreases
- All repeat / A-B repeat function
- Incremental play function to transport to the beginning of the next track
- Monaural mix playback function
- Auto Cue function tracks the first sound in the playback for standby
- Auto ready function allows a standby before the next track begins
- Pitch control and key control function for speed and key adjustments
- Can set the mark at any position
- EOM (End of message) notification available before the track ends
- Sampling rate converter for inputs and outputs are available
- Link playback function allows two units to be operated at the same time
- Automatic file closing process to avoid data loss if there is a sudden power loss during recording
- User presets: Up to three sets of optional settings can be stored for such things as switching input and output, sampling rate selection and other functions
- 1U rack-mount size
FTP Client function enables automatic uploading of recorded files or downloading audio files from the server
The unit is equipped with a LAN terminal, so you can have a network connection. When using as an FTP client, you can upload recorded files from the SS-CDR250N / SS-R250N side or download sound files from the server. Since the unit is also act as an FTP server, you can also upload / download from the PC side. Without having to physically exchange SD cards, this is a safer and more convenient file management system.
Event List for recording, playback, download and other functions can be operated automatically based on the time set
The Event List function has auto-play feature for audio files such background music and announcements –useful in retail stores and restaurants. Utilize the event lists for scheduled recording, playback, downloading and other events. By combining playback events with download events, audio files can be automatically retrieved from a server for playback. The function also enable centralized file management from a corporate headquarters to multiple locations -perfect for playing files simultaneously in chain stores.
Time setting via SNTP Client function enables event management with more accuracy
An event list plays based on the time you set. The SNTP Client function enables you to obtain time information regularly from the server in order to keep time accurate.
Automatic Upload function enables recorded files to be uploaded automatically
After recording, the recorded data can be automatically uploaded to the specified server. You can archive recorded data without extra time-consuming work. Meetings or lectures on regular basis can be recorded and uploaded automatically for file archive. Since the file uploading takes place in the background so it does not disturb your recording/playback work.
iOS / Android control apps available: allowing transport operations and remote control of various settings
When the SS-R250N / SS-CDR250N main unit is connected to the same network as iOS / Android mobile device, you are able to remote control these devices with the dedicated app. Settings for every function such as transport control are possible in order for you to stay efficient and convenient in any kind of installation or PA/SR situations.
Supports SD memory cards (SDXC supported / 128GB maximum), USB flash memory
Versatile SD card and USB flash memory devices are well-selected to play and record media. The SS-CDR250N also supports CD media. The SD card slot is compatible with SDXC type cards, as well as SD / SDHC types. It complies with the SD card that contains up to 128GB memory.
Dual SD memory card slot permits the backup and relay recording
There are two SD card slots. These slots can be used for backup recording, which records the same data on two cards simultaneously. In addition, when the first card is out of memory, the relay recording function automatically uses the second SD card memory to continue the recording.
Automatic file closing process to avoid data loss if there is a sudden power loss during recording
While recording, this feature automatically saves and closes every few seconds to safeguard against data loss when facing power loss situation.
Link Playback function allows two units to operate simultaneously
The link playback function allows simultaneous operation of two units, connected using S / PDIF. For example, in cases where you want to utilize an extra unit for backup playback, this function allows more reliable and simple operation. In addition, as the second unit is a slave machine, in the unlikely event of an error occurring in the master machine, the operation is not affected.
XLR and RCA analog inputs/outputs, AES/EBU and S/PDIF digital inputs/outputs
As analog inputs and outputs, equipped with XLR balanced inputs and outputs, and RCA unbalanced inputs and outputs. In addition, digital input and output is catered for with an AES / EBU and S / PDIF, to connect to other devices using the appropriate format, such as mixers for example.
Phantom power supply for the microphone input
Equipped with two microphone inputs on the rear panel, incorporating a + 48V phantom power supply, so you can accommodate condenser microphone input easily without the need to prepare a separate mixer. This supports a variety of applications such as recordings of proceedings and lectures, or for backup line in a PA system.
RS-232C serial port, using a D-sub15pin parallel connector
Equipped with both a D-sub15pin parallel terminal and an RS-232C serial terminal for external control, you can have a flexible system, such as a tally system or remote control.
The IF-DA2 interface card supporting Dante 2ch input and output can be installed (sold separately).
The SS-R250N / SS-CDR250N can be easily incorporated into the widely adopted Dante network audio. With only the IF-DA2 interface card (sold separately) installed, located on the rear panel of the unit, you can enjoy a reliable and secure connection.
Support the RC-SS150 control unit with Flash Play mode (sold separately)
By connecting the RC-SS150 (sold separately), you can use pop-up sound effects. The RC-SS150 control unit has pop-up sound effect buttons conveniently positioned around the periphery of its color LCD.
Various playback and recording features from the previous model SS-R200 / SS-CDR200
Equipped with the same functions as the previous SS-R200 / SS-CDR200 models, playback functions such as incremental play, auto-track, auto-cue, auto-ready and recording functions, such as sync recording are all present.