True to its inspiration; the WA-2A boasts an all tube, completely discrete signal path with through-hole component topology. It also features custom, large-core Cinemag input and output transformers, four premium vacuum tubes, and the legendary Kenetek opto-cell, considered by many to be the world’s finest.
No plug-in or other compressor type quite compares to the warm, forgiving, fluid qualities of this classic optical tube compressor. For decades, the renowned ‘2A type circuit has become the go-to device for seamlessly handling vocals, bass, and a wide variety of other instruments and program material in an effortlessly smooth way.
- '2A Style, Transformer balanced, high voltage, opto (Light emitting) tube compressor
- Fully discrete signal path
- Utilizes custom USA made CineMag input and output transformers
- Utilizes boutique USA made Kenetek T4B opto attenuator. Socketed to allow for retro-fitting with vintage (or other) opto-cells
- Premium Tung-Sol and Electro-Harmonix tubes. 2x 12ax7, 1x 12bh7, 1x 6aq5 (or 6p1 - interchangeable)
- Variable Pre-emphasis knob (via the back-panel) allows for compression hipass filtering
- Stereo-link capability via TRS connector and knob on back panel
- XLR and TRS balanced line level inputs - 600 ohms impedance
- XLR and TRS balanced line level outputs - 600 ohms impedance
- Frequency Response +/- 1 dB, 15 Hz to 20kHz
- Gain 40 dB ±1dB
- Input Level +16 dB maximum
- Output Level +10 dB nominal, +16 dB maximum
- Distortion Less than 0.5% THD at ±10 dBm
- Noise = 85 dB below +10 dBm output level
- Attack Time = 10 milliseconds
- Release Time = 0.06 seconds for 50% release; 0.5 to 5 seconds for complete release
- Meter shows both dB gain reduction and dB output
- Power = 115/230 volts (switchable), 50/60 Hz
- Dimensions = 19" Rackmount chassis, 2U. 19" x 7" x 3.5"
- Weight = 12 pounds
For further assistance or questions please contact a Whoisblest Specialist by typing "Help" in our chatbox. We look forward to hearing from you.