eMotion LV1 is a revolutionary digital mixing console for front-of-house, monitor and broadcast engineers. Based on Waves SoundGrid technology, this software mixer delivers the superior sound quality for which Waves is renowned, as well as the quick and convenient workflow needed in demanding live environments.
eMotion LV1 gives you unprecedented control over every aspect of your live sound. Each of the mixer's channels has its own plugin rack capable of running up to eight Waves and third-party plugins. This means you can mix live with hundreds of your favorite plugins all running inside the mixer itself. All plugin presets and chains saved in eMotion LV1 can be shared with the Waves MultiRack and StudioRack plugin hosts, enabling you to move seamlessly between live and studio environments.
- 64 stereo/mono input channels, 36 buss/return channels
- Run 8 SoundGrid-compatible plugins directly on each channel
- Standard channel processing provided by Waves eMo plugins
- 16 auxes, 8 audio groups (stereo/mono), L/R/C/Mono, 8 matrixes
- 16 DCA faders, 8 mute groups, 8 user-assignable shortcut keys
- 32-bit floating point mix engine; up to 96 kHz sample rate
- Compatible with industry-standard control surfaces
- Connect to diverse SoundGrid I/Os & drivers and to multiple DAWs
- Windows and Mac compatible
- 32-bit floating point mix engine, with latency as low as 0.8 ms
- Sample rate: 44.1-96 kHz
- Patch up to 16 hardware and software SoundGrid I/Os
- Run up to 8 plugins per channel
- All processing is done on an external SoundGrid DSP server
- Option to add a redundant DSP server
- Compatible with up to four multi-touch screens, as well as diverse hardware control surfaces
- Touch-and-Slide slider for fine control over plugin parameters
- 6 control windows: Mixer 1, Mixer 2, Channel, Show, Patch, Setup
- Different control windows can run simultaneously on different touchscreens
- Each Mixer window provides 8 layers, each with up to 16 channel strips
- Each channel strip provides control over its channel's input, dynamics/EQ/filters, plugin rack, sends and routing
- Up to 1000 scenes, including recall filters and recall-safe options
- Sends-on-faders mode per Mixer window for each of the 16 aux busses, with auto cue on aux
- MIDI control over scene change
- Preamp control and digital trim per channel input
- Automatic latency compensation on internal mix busses
- Delay groups for output delay alignment
- Multiple outputs available per channel, each with digital trim per output
- Advanced stereo Imager, including balance, rotation, width and L/R panning
- 16 link control groups, providing global control over inputs, plugins, EQ, dynamics and sends for assigned channels
- DCA fader per link control group
- 8 mute groups, with an additional Mute All output option
- Global tempo control per scene
- Show Lock option for locking plugin instantiations, external routing, and complete surface lock
- Comprehensive meter and clip settings
- 8 user-assignable keys for personalization of control over mixer operation (e.g., open specific plugin, tap tempo, recall specific scene)
- Solo-in-place option, with automatic solo-safe sources and destinations
- Copy & paste channel names, processing and routing
- A/B input options, for quick patch changes
- External insert for outboard gear connection, as part of the plugin rack chain
- Offline operation mode, including offline configuration and patching of I/O devices
- Complete channel processing presets, compatible with Waves MultiRack and StudioRack presets
LV1 Channel Strip - Waves eMo Plugins
The mixer's channel strip its standard EQ, filters and dynamics processing is provided by Waves eMo plugins: eMo D5 Dynamics, eMo F2 Filter and eMo Q4 Equalizer. All three are designed for maximum clarity and efficiency in a live environment. All three are included with the eMotion LV1 mixer.
Intuitive Workflow, Diverse Control
You can control eMotion LV1 using industry-standard hardware controllers, multi-touch screens and diverse portable devices, ranging from four touchscreens to a single laptop or tablet. No matter which device you are using, eMotion LV1 has the same intuitive workflow, with a user interface built for flexibility and speed.
eMotion LV1 uses the SoundGrid infrastructure for audio networking. It can be configured as a portable or stationary setup, and can connect to any SoundGrid-compatible I/O or server. This means you can easily carry your mixer with you and run it anytime, anywhere at home, in your hotel room, on the tour bus, or at the live venue. This way you can have all the time you need to work on your sessions, whether offline or with full-on audio, and make sure you are 100% ready for your show.
Join a New Era of Live Sound Mixing
As a live sound engineer, you probably want three things in your show: great sound quality, quick & easy operation of your console, and minimum last-minute surprises. eMotion LV1 gives you all three - and it does it in a way that's revolutionary.
eMotion LV1 is a digital software mixer based on Waves SoundGrid technology, which can run on your PC or Mac. This means several things:
- It means you have the sound quality you've come to expect from Waves, right there in your console's mix engine. It also means that you have pinpoint-precision control over your sound by running however many plugins you want from the console itself.
- It means you have all the flexibility that software allows when it comes to operating your console quickly and easily, whether you are using multi-touch screens or any other control surface.
- And it means that your console is 100% portable, helping you be 100% prepared in advance for your show.
Control Your Sound with Pinpoint Precision
eMotion LV1 gives you pristine audio quality and detailed control over your sound. This is a result of three advantages:
- The mixer has a 32-bit floating point mix engine that represents the pinnacle of Waves' accomplishments in the field of audio.
- eMotion LV1's channel strip its basic EQ, filters and dynamics processing is provided by Waves eMo plugins that are optimized for live environments, with transparent sound, zero latency, and a user interface specifically designed for quick operation, clarity and efficiency.
- Each of the mixer's channels has its own plugin rack, with room for 8 SoundGrid-compatible Waves or third-party plugins. This means that nothing stands between your mixing console and your processors all your plugins are now controlleddirectly from the mixer itself.
Up to 64 channels, 8 plugins each - you do the math of the massive mixing possibilities open to you, and what they can do for your sound.
Operate the Console Quickly & Easily
Every aspect of the eMotion LV1 interface has been designed to meet your needs when it most counts. Here are just a few of the features that will make your life easier during the show:
- The main mixer window gives you all the most important info you need at a glance - all channel inputs and parameters, routing, plugin inserts and more - with additional windows providing more detailed views.
- Channel window for focused control of your plugins, including a Touch-and-Slide slider for quick & easy control of all plugin parameters.
- Flexible control of your plugins racks - instantly switch the order of plugins within each rack, copy plugins and their presets from channel to channel, add hardware processors as external inserts on your plugin racks, and much more.
- Support for up to four multi-touch screens, as well as diverse industry-standard control surfaces.
- The exact same user-friendly interface, no matter which display or control device you are using.
Take Your Mixer Anywhere - Always Be Prepared
All digital mixers with a software interface let you edit your sessions offline, without audio, when you're away from the live venue. eMotion LV1 goes one huge step further by letting you actually mix your sessions, with audio, no matter where you are.
Here's how it works. To use eMotion LV1 with audio, you need to connect the PC or Mac running the mixer to SoundGrid-compatible devices - an audio interface and a server. But here's the beauty of it: these can be any computer, any SoundGrid interface, any SoundGrid server - not necessarily the ones you'll be using at the actual show. At the venue, your computer may be a desktop with large touchscreen monitors - but at home, you can use a small laptop or tablet. At the venue, you can take advantage of the SoundGrid network to connect any number of large interfaces with lots of I/O, as well as extra mixers, extra DAWs for playback and recording, and more. But at home, in your hotel room, or on the tour bus, you can use as little as a small server and a compact, lightweight interface in order to mix.
This means that you can always take your full mixing system - as many as 64 stereo channels, limitless processing - in a small carry-on bag or even a backpack. Run a pre-recorded audio session on the LV1, and work on your actual audio mix well ahead of the show - anytime, anyplace.